Whether it is an inexperienced first-time buyer, or a seasoned audiophile, selecting the right Speaker for a Home Theatre System is not a cakewalk. Bookshelf and Floor-Standing or Tower Speakers are two popular Speaker formats.
A Quick Glance at Two Speaker Formats – Bookshelf and Tower Speakers
- Bookshelf Speakers are compact and designed to be integrated into a complete sound system. You can simply add a subwoofer or opt for a full 7.1 surround system.
- Tower Speakers are large Speakers that provide complete stereo sound with just two Speakers, more popular among the serious audiophiles.
Within the two categories of Speakers, there is variation in size and shape among other things, and that’s why to help you choose we have curated a guide.
Pros of Bookshelf Speakers
- Capable of providing a large sound stage
- Can easily fit inside a cabinet or on a speaker stand
- These can be used as a stand to support elevation Atmos speakers
Cons of Bookshelf Speakers
- It is important to get them out on stands in the room to extract the best performance
- Mostly, a Subwoofer is required as an add-on to improve its midrange performance.
For Home Theater situations, Bookshelf Speakers are the most suitable choice. a Bookshelf Speaker coupled with a Subwoofer is a good choice for anyone who has space and budget constraints.
Pros of Tower Speakers
- These sound superior, giving you big, full range sound.
- They are equipped with better dynamics than any other Speaker type.
- Can be easy to drive if they have high efficiency
- They make a great platform for elevation Atmos speakers.
Cons of Tower Speakers
- They are fairly large in size and may not seamlessly integrate into the decor.
- One major requirement of Floorstanding Speaker placement is to be kept away from the back wall to sound best, usually 12-16” out into the room. This means anyone with space constraints will struggle with thai requirement.
If you plan to enjoy absolute best possible audio quality and space/budget is not a constraint, then you should invest in a great pair of Tower Speakers.
Hopefully the overall findings on Bookshelf Speakers vs Tower Speakers will help you make the most suitable purchase for your Home Theater. Speakers are typically a very long term investment, and it’s a good idea to consult the experts, so you don’t go wrong here.You will have a wide selection to choose from when you visit us and help you discover and buy the best Home Theater, Professional Audio, AV Equipment, Smart Home & Office productivity products in India.