Bachelor of Design (B.Des.) from Chandigarh University is a four-year undergraduate program that develops creative and technical skills of a student in the field of designing of product. This program helps students to develop a combination of digital, visualization and technological skills to work on function, form and design of a wide range of industrial products.
Chandigarh University is ranked among the top universities for pursuing Bachelor of Design (Industrial Design). It offers practical exposure and hands-on-experience for students to enhance their creative and technical skills and use this combination for real-world applications. At Chandigarh University, a focused approach towards Design Research, Sketching techniques, Design Visualization, Design Prototypes and Dimensional Design is being made to bring value to the products.
Basic Eligibility for Admission to B.Des. Course in CU
One should meet the following requirements to be able to take admission in B.Des. course at Chandigarh University:
- 10+2 with an aggregate marks of minimum 50%
- Three year diploma in Engineering/Technology with minimum 50% marks in aggregate.
Admissions to the course are made on the basis of marks scored by the candidate in CUCET (Chandigarh University Common Entrance Test).
The fee structure of the Bachelor of Design course at CU is as follows:
This is a four-year programme divided into eight semesters.
How to Apply for B.Des at Chandigarh University?
The steps to apply for B.Des. course at Chandigarh University are given below:
Step 1 – Register for CUCET
To be able to take admission into CU in B.Des. course, you are required to register yourself for the upcoming CUCET exam. Registration process requires basic details like name, email id, mobile number etc. Pay the registration fees. Once you are successfully registered on the portal, you will receive a confirmation mail.
Step 2 – Apply for CUCET
Once registered on the portal, you can now complete your profile details and choose your preferred date of examination and exam centre.
Step 3 – Admission
Once you clear the CUCET exam, you are eligible to submit your application for admission and can also avail merit-based scholarships. The results of the CUCET exam are announced shortly after the examination.
Specializations in Bachelor of Design Course
The B.Des course offers the following specializations:
- Fashion Designing
- Interior Design
- Textile Design
- Ceramic Design
- Game Design
- Graphic Design
- Industrial Design
- Accessory Design
- Multimedia Design
Scope in Bachelor of Designing
Following are some of the reasons for choosing Designing as a career:
- Job Opportunities – Designing is a booming industry with a lot of potential job opportunities. The number of job opportunities in this field are increasing with a high rate due to advancement in technology.
- Salary and Other Benefits – On an average, B.Des. graduates earn somewhere between 4,50,000 – 5,00,000 per annum. Other benefits include medical insurances, travel expenses, PF etc. as per the company policies.
- Wide Range of Specialization Offered – Bachelor of Designing offers a wide range of specializations including fashion designing, product designing, industrial designing, graphic designing etc. This offers a flexible career opportunity and freedom to choose the career of your choice.
- Entrepreneurship Opportunities – Not only jobs, but this field also opens up a path towards entrepreneurship. People in this field can start their own business like a fashion designing firm, consultancy firm etc.
Placement Opportunities at Chandigarh University
Chandigarh University offers good placement opportunities for students pursuing B.Des. The average starting salary for a fresher in this field can range from 3 – 5 LPA depending upon the specialization. Some of the top recruiters for B.Des. graduates are:
- Bajaj Allianz
- Just Dial
Bachelor of Design is a sought-after field among students with a keen interest in designing. This field offers great career opportunities to professionals apart from providing them the freedom to pursue their passion. However, to be able to grow in this field, one should choose the right option from the wide range of specializations offered in this field. Professionals can also pursue Master’s in the same field to enhance their skills and increase their job prospects. MBA is also a popular option that can be considered after B.Des.
B.Des. course from Chandigarh University can offer various advantages to students who want a right start in this field. The university focuses on practical learning and provides hands-on-training through live industry projects. Students can also avail benefits of scholarships available for admissions in this course subject to the eligibility. Along with its project-based and experiential learning system, the university also offers placement opportunities from top companies to the students of the program.