What is Brain Tumor?
A brain tumor is a constellation of cells that develops hysterically and oddly inside the brain. It can happen at any time of life regardless of age. They can be classified into two categories namely: Benign Tumors (that aren’t cancerous) and Malignant Tumors (cancerous tumors). When the development starts from the brain, then it is known as Primary Brain Tumors. Whereas, when the development starts from any other body part or organ and extends inside the brain, then it is called Secondary Brain Tumors.
Certain tumors unless enlarged doesn’t carry any visible symptoms. It depends where the development has started as different body parts are controlled differently by the brain. Generally, tumors show no indications until they trigger genuine health issues. Enumerating a few common visible symptoms:
- Vomiting after waking up
- Frequent headache increasing in severity level that cannot be treated by any home remedy
- Eyesight, speech, and hearing disparity
- Body imbalance leading to walking inappropriately
- Changes in personality
- Numb and tickle sensation in hands and legs
- Memory loss
- Low concentration power
- Acute weakness in some parts of the body
If you are facing such symptoms day-to-day then it’s advisable to Book an Appointment at RGCIRC for a better and thorough diagnosis to get a clearer picture of what’s happening inside your body.
People subjected to immediate radiation exposure which is mostly experienced in kids and teenagers are one of the highest catchers to a brain tumor. After running the diagnosis using a CT scan or MRI or MRA and sent for biopsy, the doctor proceeds with the brain tumor treatment. It can either done by Surgically removing it or through radiotherapy and chemotherapy by killing or shrinking them. After shrinking the tumor there may be a possibility to use a surgical procedure to remove them permanently. The brain tumor treatment depends on few factors which cannot be left unseen:
- Kind of tumor: Benign or Malignant
- Spread of the tumor
- Health Condition
- Possible Impediments
- A universal fact that all brain tumors are not cancerous. They can be harmless and benign too.
- India has a rare percentage rate of Brain Tumor. Out of 1 lakhs, only 2-3 cases are reported under which only 2% of people are diagnosed with a malignant brain tumor.
- All brain cancer cases are not the same as it depends on their spread, origin, and location.
- Primary brain cancer is found rarely found. Secondary malignancy in brain tumors is commonly found as it is originated from various other parts of the body.
- Usually, the reason for a brain tumor occurrence is unknown even to the doctors.
- There is no such hypothesis that says that a brain tumor is an old age ailment, rather it can happen irrespective of age. Though people between 65 to 80 years are most likely to suffer from it.
- There is no definite study that proves brain cancer or tumor is caused due to excessive use of cellphones.
- GBM (Glioblastoma multiforme) is one of the ghastly kind of brain tumor which is universally lethal leading to 95% deaths in 5 years. GBM AGILE (Adaptive Global Innovative Learning Environment) is a platform that is regularly gaining success in its medical trials and will soon be utilized to combat GBM.