Babies are the joy of their parents. Just 15 minutes of play with your baby can spark millions of brain connections. Every new parent wants to do as much as possible right when it comes to their precious new-born. From burping your baby to dressing him to cutting those tiny nails, it can all seem challenging sometimes. A new-born baby’s skin is very sensitive, so it is important to choose the right baby care product to maintain your baby’s smooth and healthy skin.
These products include baby shampoos, lotions, oils, powders, wipes, and creams. The following things should be kept in mind before buying baby care products:
- Read the labels carefully: When buying any product for your baby, it is your responsibility as parents to choose only the best. This means choosing products with the right ingredients. As a part of the process, you must read the labels of any product very carefully and avoid buying products that contain dyes, and chemicals like parabens, sulphates, and phthalates, as they may harm your baby.
- Consider your baby’s allergies: Allergies are very common, in babies as well as adults. And even if you are not aware of any, you must check with your child’s doctor beforehand, to stay on the safe side. Once you get to know of the allergies your baby has (if any) make sure to buy products that don’t contain anything that your baby is allergic to.
- Look for natural/herbal products: To avoid any kind of skin allergies or other skin issues arising from harmful chemicals and other non-baby friendly ingredients, opt for natural baby products. Natural/ organic baby care products are always a prudent choice, keeping your baby safe and giving you much-needed peace of mind. Look for products that contain no preservatives, petroleum products or by-products.
- Check for the efficacy of products: Choose the products that are dermatologically tested and approved by paediatricians too. If you have doubts, check with your child’s doctor.
- Steer clear of artificial fragrances: Scented products can cause respiratory issues in your little ones.
- Give importance to quality over quantity: Remember this parenting rule: always prioritise quality over quantity. Instead of buying skin care products in bulk or at a discount, choose the right product and check the shelf life printed on the packaging.
- Consult a paediatrician: Consulting a doctor may prove to be useful for your baby as they may suggest some products that are best suited for them.
Caring for your new-born is full of emotion. So do keep the above points in mind to give your baby safe and healthy babyhood.