Most of the QuickBooks users experience the sluggish nature of the QuickBooks. The error is commonly known as QuickBooks Running Slow. in this article we will talk about various methods to resolve the QuickBooks errors like using QuickBooks connection diagnostic tool.
If you are new to the QUickBooks or want to learn more mre the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic tool, then read the article till the end.
Common Symptoms of QuickBooks Desktop Running Slow
Before further diving into the article let us first explore the various symptoms that might indicate the issue of QuickBooks Desktop Running Slow in your device. They are:
- The reinstallation of the QuickBooks fails.
- You might also experience the failure of a company file update.
- It is also unable to rebuild the company data.
- Users might lose the connection of the data file while backing up.
- The issue is most common in multi-user mode.
- You are not able to copy and then move the data file.
- It is also not possible to print the QuickBooks PDF files.
Main Causes Behind the Occurrence of QuickBooks Desktop Running Slow
After identifying the issue in your service, it is important to know the reasons that have triggered the problem in your computer. Hence, it is recommended to thoroughly go through the reasons before jumping into the solution.
- The version of QuickBooks you are using is too updated.
- The company file has reached the maximum size.
- Your QBWUSER.INI might be missing.
- Due to a damaged hard drive.
- The firewall settings are also misconfigured.
- Errors could have been triggered because of the damaged WIndows operating system.
After understanding the main reasons for the QuickBooks Desktop, we will now try to fix the issue from your system. But before that, let’s explore the minimum requirement of the QuickBooks Version.
Minimum Requirement of QuickBooks Version
1) QuickBooks Desktop Users:
QuickBooks Desktop Pro- 1 user minimum and 3 users maximum
QuickBooks Desktop Premier- 1 user minimum and 5 users maximum
QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise- 1 user minimum to 30 maximum
You can only Run the software on Windows 8.1 and 10.
2) MAC Users:
The software is available for MAC users with a minimum of 4GB RAM.
Troubleshooting Method of QuickBooks Desktop Running Slow
Method 1: Upgrade the Workstations to QuickBooks
- First of all, upgrade the solid-state drive.
- Then make sure that you are using the 64-bit computer.
- Also, ensure that the computer is as fast as 2.2 GHz or more.
- Now, upgrade the RAM of the device. Ensure that it is more than 8 GB.
- Try to invest in faster network connection with the spread of 7,500 RPM.
Method 2: Change the Third-Part Antivirus Settings
Sometimes the third party antivirus does not let the QuickBooks software use the internet. Therefore it is required to turn the anti-malware off temporarily.
- First of all, press the keyboards keys Windows + R together to open the Run box.
- Then type MSconfig on the command box.
- Press the ENTER button.
- Reboot the system and verify the performance.
- After completing the testing, repeat the process and again open the Run box.
- Again, type MSConfig and click the ENTER key.
- Now, choose the Normal set up and hit the OK button.
Method 3: Download QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool
Download QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool. QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool is a useful tool that helps to find out and fix the MSXML, .NET Framework, and C++.
- Go to the official website of areruna Intuit QuickBooks, and search for the QB Diagnostic Tool.
- Click on it to download.
- After downloading, save the tool in an easily accessible place.
- Close all the background software.
- Look for the downloaded file and tap on it to install.
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
- Make sure that all the components and extensions are successfully updated.
Hopefully, the methods help you to remove the error from your system. All these steps are verified and tested. However, if you’re still getting the issue then try to contact the customer support team of Intuit QuickBooks. Visit the official website to get the helpline number. The team is available 24X7 to assist their users. If you liked the article then share it with your friends and teammates.