Quickbooks error 6000 832 is another company file error that a user can face while trying to open the required company file. The error prompt comes with a message stating:” Quickbooks is unable to open the company file”. One of the common reasons for which you can face the error is that the company file is damaged. The error needs to be resolved soon because it can hamper your system. In this post, we have explained how you can resolve the Quickbooks error 832 easily.
Causes of Quickbooks Error 6000 832
In this section, we have explained to you the different reasons because of which the error can occur. Check out the list below.
- The very common reason is that you are using the file over a network.
- Next, there are chances that the installation files are not present on the system.
- You may also face an error because the network server does not have the required permissions.
- Moreover, you can face the error if the Windows version is not the US or Canadian.
- Next, you may be using the file with the extension qbm or qbw. adr.
- If the antivirus is blocking the application, the error can occur.
Quick Fixes for Quickbooks Error 6000 832
Check out the methods mentioned below to fix the Quickbooks error 6000 832. Make sure to follow the steps in the same sequence to avoid any errors.
Method 1: Update Quickbooks Desktop
The very first method that we suggest you follow is to update the Quickbooks application. This is because if you use the outdated version of the application, different errors can occur and Quickbooks error code 6000 832 is no exception. You can update the application by clicking on the Help option and then click on the update Quickbooks option.
Method 2: End all the Quickbooks Processes
Now, if different processes are running in the background, the error can occur. So, to resolve the error, you will have to end the Quickbooks processes running in the background.
- To start with, you will have to log in to your system as an admin.
- You will now have to open the task manager on the system. For this, you can press the shift key, CTRL key, and Esc key together.
- Now, in the task manager, click on the user’s option and then choose show processes.
- You will now have to look for the Quickbooks processes and then choose to end the task.
- When you are done, you will have to turn on the Quickbooks multi-user mode.
Method 3: Copy Your Quickbooks File to Desktop
Changing the location of the file can also help you to fix the Quickbooks error 6000 832. Follow the steps mentioned below to carry out the process.
- To start with, you need to open the folder in which the company file is present.
- You will have to find the file with extension QBW.
- Now, you will have to copy the file from the folder. Paste the file on the desktop.
- In the Quickbooks application, you need to hold the CTRL key till the no company open window appears on the screen.
- You will have to click on the option to open or restore the file.
- Try to open the company file from the desktop.
Method 4: Restore the Backup of Your Company File
If you have created a backup of your company file, you can restore it to fix the Quickbooks error 832. Follow to steps mentioned below to restore the company file.
- First, you will have to click on the company file option and then go to the file option. You will then have to click on the utilities option.
- Next, in the menu, you will have to choose the option to stop hosting multi-user access.
- Now, you may get a prompt on the screen indicating: “company file must be closed”. You need to press the Yes button.
- Next, you will have to go to the company file and then copy the address. Finally, restore the file.
Method 5: Rename the TLG and ND File
The next method that we recommend you to follow is to rename the TLG and ND file. For this follow the steps mentioned below.
- First, you will have to go to the folder in which you have stored the company file.
- After this, you will have to find the TLG and ND file.
- You will have to choose to rename the file and OLD at the end.
These were some quick fixes that can help you resolve the Quickbooks error 6000 832 easily. In case you still face the error, we will suggest you take help from an expert. Hopefully, the article has helped you.