Quickbooks is one of the easiest applications to use. It has a simple installation process and you can install it easily by following all the instructions appearing on the screen. But, users may face some errors while installing the Quickbooks application on the system. When your system is affected by the virus, you will not be able to open the Quickbooks file on the system or the error prompt may appear again and again. The error can be frustrating sometimes. If you are also facing the Quickbooks installation error, here is all you need to do. If you are facing an error on Mac or Windows, this article will surely be helpful for you. Read the article till the end to know more about it.
Triggers of the error
If you are facing the Quickbooks installation error, you need to know why you are facing the error. It will make it easy for you to resolve the error. Here are some of the possible reasons for which you can face the error.
- In case the Quickbooks version that you are using to open the file is different from the one in which the file is created.
- If you have tried to open the Quickbooks application multi times
- You can also face the error if you are opening the Quickbooks file with the working method.
- Also, if the name of the file is wrong or it has a wrong extension
- Other than this, if the Microsoft components are not working properly, you may face an error.
Troubleshooting methods for Quickbooks installation errors
Here are some of the methods that you can use to fix the Quickbooks installation errors. All the methods are mentioned in detail for your help.
Method 1: terminate the QBW32.exe process
To start with, you need to right-click on the windows icon on the system and then you will have to open the taskbar on the system. You need to click on the option to start the task manager.
- When done, you will have to look for the processes option and then click on it.
- You can then click on the Image name and sort the processes alphabetically,
- After this, you need to find the QBW32.exe file and then right-click on it.
- Choose the option to end the process.
- Try to start the Quickbooks application again.
Method 2: Reboot the system
This method is applicable for both Windows and Mac users. You will have to turn off the system and then start it again. This will help you to terminate all the processes that are causing the error. Also, you need to try to open the Quickbooks application after you have restarted the device. There are chances that it will reset all the wrong settings.
Method 3: Use the Quickbooks clean install tool
Now, the next method that you can use is to perform the clean installation of the Quickbooks application. Here are all the steps that you need to follow.
- To start with, you will have to download the clean install tool on the system. You can download it from the official website.
- Next, you need to open the Quickbookscleaninstallutility.exe file.
- Now, click on the I accept option and then choose the version of the Quickbooks application that you are using.
- When done, you need to click on the option to continue and then choose the Ok button.
- You will then have to try to repair the installation of the Quickbooks application.
Method 4: Use the Quickbooks install diagnostic tool
The Quickbooks install diagnostic tool is an official tool provided by Intuit. It can be used to fix all the issues that you can face while installing the application. Follow all the steps mentioned below.
- To start with, you need to download the Quickbooks and install the diagnostic tool on the system.
- After this, you will have to click on the downloaded folder and then look for the qb_install-tool.exe file. Install the application on the system.
- Wait for the process to complete. When the process will complete, you need to start the system again.
Method 5: rebuild the data file
This method is applicable for Mac users only. You can verify and rebuild the data. Here are all the steps that you need to follow.
- First, you need to open the Macbook pro.
- You will then have to look for the file option and then click on the option to select a utility. When done, you need to click on verify your data option.
- Now, you need to click on the end option and then reboot the device.
- Finally, check if you are still facing the issue.
Method 6: Uninstall the Quickbooks application in selective startup
There are chances that you are facing the error because of any third-party application like your anti-virus application. So, you will have to try to open the Quickbooks application in selective startup.
Method 7: Repair the Quickbooks installation
Now, if the above-mentioned methods didn’t work for you, you can try to repair the Quickbooks installation process. You will have to replace all the files which are corrupt or damaged. You will have to run a repair option on your Quickbooks application.
In case the error says: Verify windows installer problem
In case you see that the Windows installed is not enabled and you are facing the error, here is all you need to do:
- You will first have to click on the windows icon or start icon on the system.
- Next, you will have to open the search box and then type cmd. Click on the option to run it.
- When done, you will have to press the Enter button on the screen and then the command prompt will open on the screen.
- In the command prompt, you need to type MSIExec.
- Press the enter key. If the MSI engine starts running without any error, the error is resolved.
So, this is how you can easily fix the Quickbooks installation errors. All the methods that we have mentioned will surely help you to fix the quickbooks 2015 error code 80029c4a. We hope that this article helps.