Cycling is regarded as an effective mode of transportation. It is the best vehicle to travel small distances in a short period. Bicycles were introduced in the 19th century and from then they became a mode of transportation in many parts of the world.
Cycling has lots of benefits. This is not only one of the best modes of transportation, but it is also a very good mode of workout. Cycling helps in reducing the use of fuels like petrol and diesel which helps in the reduction of pollution. It even helps to reduce noise pollution, emission of greenhouse gas and also traffic congestion.
These have a lower cost of consumption for the society and the consumers and also cause less damage to the roads. Bicycles also require less area than the other vehicles and are also beneficial for our health.
Cycling and heath
Cycling is a very good exercise one can opt for. If anyone has problems doing other workouts, you can go cycling as a workout. Spending 45minutes to 1 hour daily for cycling can reduce numerous problems and will keep us stay fit and healthy.
Why cycling for health and fitness?
Cycling is a mode of recreation. It is one of the best sports that one can choose. It takes hardly a few weeks to find the improvement happening in our body and health. What cycling is are as follows-
- It is a low-impact sport that causes comparatively fewer injuries than other sports. It also helps in causing less strain.
- It also helps in muscle workout as it uses all our muscles while pedaling making it more strong and fit.
- It increases our strength and stamina and also keeps us healthy and fit.
- It is an unforgettable sport. It is called unforgettable as once you learn to ride a bike or a bicycle, you never forget it. It is an easy sport and also less harmful than many other sports.
- It is a fun way to enjoy our workout and sports. Cycling means going outdoors and spending some time with nature which even helps to keep our eyesight in a better condition. Cycling regularly can help us increase our physical strength more than other indoor games.
- It is more like an adventure. When recovering from injuries, it can be done at a very low intensity and then can gradually increase according to the recovery rate.
- It is a time-efficient sport as it replaces the sitting time one spends in motor vehicles like cars.
There are certain health benefits of cycling. With these benefits, it helps to reduce many diseases. They are-
- It reduces pulmonary disorders. Research has shown that people cycling regularly have fewer chances of causing heart diseases. It keeps the heart muscles, lungs strong and fit. It also helps in good blood circulation in the muscles.
- It helps in increasing muscle strength and activities. Thus it helps in reducing bone injuries, arthritis making the muscles more strong. It also helps in joint mobility.
- It decreases the stress level as it keeps our minds diverted and free from all tensions. It reduces anxiety and depression.
- It also helps in controlling the body weight as being overweight might lead to obesity and other health problems.
What to wear when cycling?
While cycling we should wear casual clothes so that we feel comfortable while riding a bike or a cycle. We can even wear sportswear including sports glasses, to keep our eyes safe. In the UK, eyeglasses are easily available both online and offline so that it becomes easy to cycle regularly.
Thus these are the reasons for which we should cycle regularly and keep ourselves fit and healthy and stay strong.