Every student of our education system aspires to achieve a successful and established career. This aspiration starts from their journey of school education where they get a basic understanding of education and its pertinent role in our life. This journey of 12 years of schooling not just provides an understanding of education and its role but also tells us the ways that one has to achieve the goal in their life. One such goal or target is JEE Main which is one of the topmost entrance examinations conducted to get admission to top engineering colleges in India.
There are two stages of JEE 2023:
- First is the JEE Main which is Paper-I ( for B.E/ B.Tech).
- And based on the performance in Paper –I, the top 2,50,000 candidates would qualify for JEE Advanced 2023 which is the second stage of JEE exam.
Admission to any institution is based on the rank scored in the final list of selections. There will be a category-wise All India Rank (AIR) in JEE Advanced score card which is the deciding criteria.
Preparation Tips to bridge the gap between 12 boards and JEE Main 2023:
After going through all the factors of the syllabus, topics, and stages that are there to qualify for JEE Main 2023, it is important for a student to start planning the preparation strategy that is required. Class 12th is the most important stage from where one starts their journey of preparation for JEE Main as it is the foundation period where their written syllabus is completed. Therefore it is important for a student to bridge the gap between 12 boards and JEE Main 2023 in a productive way to achieve the target. This bridging of the gap between 12 boards and JEE Main requires consistency and dedicated effort toward every subject that is asked in the examination.
Some of the crucial preparation tips and strategies to bridge the gap between 12 boards and JEE Main 2023 include the following bulleted points:
- List all the topics asked in the JEE Main for all three subjects of Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics.
- After listing the topics, first, revise the topics from NCERT 11th and 12th-grade textbooks for all three subjects as they are the basic building block of conceptual understanding.
- Revision has to be sharp and clear to avoid any confusion in any topics asked in the examination as this will be beneficial to solve higher questions.
- Then move to the previous year’s question papers and sample papers and practice regularly to maintain speed and consistency over marks as marks are important to get a better rank.
- Candidates can go for a strict timetable on an everyday basis or can go for planning step to step as per their speed over completing every section. This will be helpful to have a timely approach to completing and then revising the topics before time.
- Along with all these things, maintenance of good health and sound sleep is also important because that will give a boost to their everyday energy for work.
After going through all the preparation tips that are important to crack JEE Main 2023 and being aware of the stages of the examination and the subjects that are involved in the exam, there could be one crucial step that a JEE aspirant can follow to save time and energy and to hit the target at once. That one crucial step is:
- As the syllabus of JEE Main covers all the major subjects of classes 11th and 12th, JEE aspirant can start their preparation right from 11th grade along with their school education. This will be beneficial in terms of time, the energy involved and the demand for clarification of topics while studying it.
- Along with school education, one can start preparing for JEE through some private institutions like Akash, FITJEE, and so on. Also nowadays there are several online websites like Byjus, Testbook, Unacademy, and so on that provide classes for JEE preparation for class 11th and class 12th. This will be helpful for the aspirant to prepare through a sufficient time of 1 or 2 years along with school education.
- This will be a fruitful step as students will be able to cover the entire syllabus in a detailed manner and in the end will get time to revise it properly. Most importantly they are practice sample papers and mock papers to practice and prepare for the examination.
- Lastly, one other way can be that a student can start their preparation from 9th grade as well as there are institutions that provide classes as a 4-year plan for JEE Main preparation. This is also good as it will help to cover the school syllabus along with sufficient preparation for competitive examinations.
- The level of this competitive examination is difficult as compared to the school examination. Therefore it is suggested that a candidate should get coaching from a suitable coaching institution in India.
We hope that this article is helpful to plan a strategy best suited to you to crack the examination. Regular practice and clear concepts are the keys to success over JEE Main 2023.