Have you ever had a stinky T-shirt that you just couldn’t get rid of? Chances are, it’s because of cigarette smoke. Smoking is the number one cause of bad smells in clothes, and it doesn’t take long for this smell to permeate through your clothes and linger. This post is full of tips on how to get cigarette smell out of clothes. From using baking soda to boiling water, there’s sure to be a method that will work for you. And if nothing works, there are also detergents and enzymes available that can help get the smell out.
Get the Cigarette Smell Out of Clothes Without Washing
If you want to get the cigarette smell out of your clothes without washing them, there are a few things that you can do.
Air Out Your Clothes
If you have cigarettes smoke residue on your clothes, there are a few easy tips to help get rid of the smell.
First, try spraying the clothes with a diluted bleach solution. Make sure to rinse them thoroughly afterward.
Alternatively, you can use a vacuum cleaner with the hose attachment to remove the smoky smell. Be sure to empty and clean the vacuum cleaner bag after use.
Finally, pour a pot of boiling water onto the clothes and let them soak for about an hour. This will help dissipate any residual odor.
Steam Your Garment
If you have cigarettes smoke smell lingering in your clothes, there are a few easy tips you can follow to get rid of the smell. Follow these steps and your clothes will be smelling great again:
1. Fill a sink with warm water and soap. Soak the clothes for 10 minutes, then wring them out thoroughly.
2. Pour 3 cups of white vinegar into a large bowl. Soak the clothes for another 10 minutes, then wring them out again.
3. Pour 2 cups of hydrogen peroxide into the bowl with the vinegar. Soak the clothes for an additional 30 minutes, then wring them out yet again.
4. Let the clothes sit overnight in a sealed container filled with fresh air.
Use Baking Soda
If you want to get rid of the cigarette smell from your clothes, there are a few easy tips you can follow. Baking soda is a great way to remove the odor quickly, and it’s also safe to use on clothing. Simply mix 1 teaspoon of baking soda with 2 cups of water, and spray the mixture onto the affected area. Let it sit for 10 minutes, and then rinse the clothes in cold water.
Try Dryer Sheets
If you’ve been struggling to get the cigarette smell out of your clothes, try using dryer sheets. They work well at absorbing oils and fragrances from fabrics, and will help to get rid of that pesky smoke smell. Just be sure to only use these sheets on clothes that you don’t plan on wearing right away – they can leave a heavy smell in fabric if left in too long.
Use Odor-Eliminating Spray
If you want to get that pesky cigarette smell out of your clothes, try using an odor-eliminating spray. These sprays work by breaking down the chemical compounds that give cigarettes their distinctive smell. You can buy them at most convenience stores or pharmacies, and they’re usually pretty cheap. Just spray the spray on to the clothes and leave it there for a few minutes. Then, take them outside and let them air dry.
Opt for a Home-Made Odor Eliminating Spray
Looking to get rid of the cigarette smell from your clothes? Here are some easy tips:
1. First, identify where the odor is coming from. Are cigarettes burning in another part of the house? If so, try using a air purifier to remove the smoke smell.
2. Next, take some active steps to get rid of the smell. Try using a baking soda and vinegar mixture or boiling water with lemon juice. Give it a try for a few days and see if you notice a difference in the smell.
3. Finally, if nothing seems to work, consider hiring a professional cleaner to do a deep-clean of your home and office furniture and fabrics. This will help eliminate residual smells from smoking on these surfaces.[/vc_column_text][/vc_row]