Quickbooks is one of the top accounting software present in the market that a person having no accounting background can also use. With a few clicks, one can carry out different complicated tasks like managing employee payrolls and data. Because of such intriguing features, the application has become everyone’s favorite and they use it to perform most of the tasks. In such cases, if the application fails to open, it becomes difficult for the user to handle accounting operations. There are times when Quickbooks fails to open or it may take a lot of time to open to your system. Especially for people with a busy schedule, it becomes difficult to work on the application if it is not running properly. Fortunately, to fix the issue, you will usually not need any technical help. We have come up with some solutions for you to help you fix Quickbooks not opening issues.
What Gives Rise to Quickbooks Doesn’t Start Issue
If you are still not able to start Quickbooks on the system even after attempting to start it several times, there can be different reasons behind it. Below we have listed all the sources of the Quickbooks not opening issue.
- The hard disk of your system is damaged which may make it incompatible to run heavy applications like Quickbooks.
- In case the company file is not named correctly. You may have added unique characters in the name of the file.
- Other than this, there are chances that the operating system that you are using is incompatible with the Quickbooks version that you are using.
- Installation of Quickbooks was faulty.
- In case the registration file got damaged.
Ways to Fix Quickbooks Doesn’t Start Issue
The general method that you can use to fix Quickbooks won’t open issue is that you change the name of your Quickbooks company file and keep it under 65 characters. If that didn’t help you, here are some other methods that you can use to fix the issue.
Fix 1: Employ Quick Fix My Program
Quick fix my program is available in the Quickbooks tool hub and you can run it to scan your system to diagnose the error related to your application. To run the tool, go through all the steps mentioned.
- Make sure to close Quickbooks. You will then have to open Intuit website.
- On the website, find the Quickbooks tool hub and then download it.
- You will then have to save the downloaded file on the desktop. Now, you will have to tap on the file that you have downloaded.
- When done, the installation window will appear. Click on the Next option and then tap on the Agree option in the next prompt.
- You will then have to follow all the on-screen prompts to install the application properly.
- In the end, click on the finish button and then run the tool on the system.
- Now, you will have to tap on the program problems option.
- In the next window, choose Quick fix my program.
- The tool will then take some time to start and detect issues.
- On completion, end the tool window and check if the issue persists.
Fix 2: Fix Installation Issues Using Install Diagnostic Tool
As we have mentioned, Quickbooks won’t open issue may also occur on the system because of the incomplete or incorrect installation of the application. Using Quickbooks install diagnostic tool, you can fix the issue.
- From the task manager on the system, choose to start task manager. To download the application, check out the steps mentioned in the above section.
- Now, you will have to tap on the option for installation issues.
- Under this tab, choose to start Quickbooks install diagnostic tool.
- It may take up to 20 minutes to start the tool and complete the scanning process.
- On completion, close the tool window and run Quickbooks.
Fix 3: Fixing Quickbooks Using Windows Repair
The next method on the list is to use the Windows repair feature to fix Quickbooks installation issues. To use it, follow the steps listed below.
- Before you perform any operation, make sure that you make a backup of the file.
- You will then have to reboot the system. Press the Windows icon on the screen and choose the run control panel.
- Under this, click on the programs option. Choose to uninstall.
- A list of all the installed applications will appear on the screen. From this list, choose Quickbooks and tap on the option to uninstall.
- Next, tap on continue. Next, choose repair.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the repairing process. Tap on Finish and reboot the system.
Fix 4: Update Windows
Incompatibility between your system and the Quickbooks is one of the major reasons you can encounter Quickbooks won’t open issue. Therefore, you must make sure to update Quickbooks to the latest version.
- To begin with, open the control panel on your system and then tap on the system and security option.
- Choose the option for windows update. Tap on Check for updates option.
- If any update is present, you will get the option to install it.
- Click on download and install options and reboot your device.
- When done, the updates will start installing.
- On completion, start the system and attempt opening Quickbooks.
So, this was how you can easily fix Quickbooks not opening. The issue is easy to resolve and usually does not need any technical assistance. However, if the issue continues to appear on the system, talk to the support team for immediate solutions.