The nice thing about owning a Jeep is the long tradition of custom modifications and aftermarket accessories. While 4×4 vehicles generally have a lot of customizability, it has been part of Jeep culture for decades, and there are still aftermarket accessories for classic models available alongside the mods for new editions of these iconic off-road vehicles. If you are just starting out, it helps to check out Jeep mods for beginners to get a sense of the must-have upgrades that are out there.
Performance Accessories That Are Worth It
There are a lot of accessories that deliver when it comes to improved performance on the road and off it. If you are looking to use your Jeep as an everyday vehicle and an off-roader at once, you need to know how to invest in the upgrades that let you pivot between uses with ease.
- Dedicated road and trail tires, with their own rims to make changeovers easy
- Suspension upgrades and lift kits for better off-road performance and flexibility
- Brake upgrades for extra stopping power
- Custom intake and exhaust upgrades to put more air through the engine
These are the basics that just about everyone can see some benefit from, but depending on what you do off-road, you might want to look into a build guide that suits your goals to get more detailed upgrade ideas. You can find a wide selection of upgrades to fit each of these four major categories at online retailers like Morris 4×4 Center, so start looking for your best build today.
Exterior Accessories Worth Buying
Your vehicle’s performance is about more than just the power and control you have behind the wheel. When you take your Jeep out into the wilderness to explore, you also need to trust it to perform as a mobile campsite, a power generator, and the heavy-duty utility vehicle it is. Make sure you are ready for anything with accessories designed to serve your needs in the field.
- Winches, hoists, or combination tools to pull yourself and others out of trouble
- Exterior lighting upgrades and customizations to make it easier to see on the trail and in camp
- Rooftop tents and other camping accessories to make it easier to set up for the night and get moving the next day
- Upgraded nerf bars and running boards for better durability and ease of access to your lifted Jeep
- Kayak racks, bike racks, and other forms of rooftop storage to let you bring all the adventuring tools you need for any expedition
While you are shopping for new Jeep exterior accessories, remember to save some time and a chunk of your budget for creature comforts inside the vehicle. Just because you’re going off-trail doesn’t mean you need to endure a rough ride. From food storage to infotainment upgrades, there is a lot you can do to make your Jeep into a mobile home base for any activity. At this point, the question isn’t which accessories are still worth buying in 2023, it’s whether you can limit yourself to just what you need.