The Mitsubishi Outlander 2022 models features the most significant upgrades in the Outlander range over a decade
For the first time in a decade, Mitsubishi Motors released its Outlander medium SUV with significant changes, including a new petrol engine in place of the diesel engine customers have been familiar with, a plug-in hybrid variant, wireless Apple CarPlay, and updated safety gear.
If you’ve been a fan of the Outlander since Mitsubishi rolled out the first line in 2001, then the modern additions in the new range should excite you.
Looking to buy cars in Brisbane? Here’s everything you need to know about the new Outlander range, including the Mitsubishi Outlander price in Brisbane.
Mitsubishi Outlander 2022 Features and Specs
The 2022 Mitsubishi Outlander range features non-hybrid variants with 2.5 litre, four-cylinder petrol engines and a continuously variable automatic transmission (CVT).
The new Outlander range also comes with eight simulated gear ratios instead of the six in the previous editions. Furthermore, Mitsubishi provides the option of front-wheel and all-wheel drive models.
On the other hand, the hybrid variants feature a 2.4-litre four-cylinder petrol engine with a front and rear electric motor and 20kWh battery powering all four wheels using a single-speed automatic transmission.
The new models also come with an impressive range of safety features, including a surround-view camera, driver attention monitoring, traffic sign recognition, and autonomous emergency braking.
Other notable standard safety features include:
- Lane-keep assist
- Blind-spot monitoring
- rear cross-traffic assist
- Forward and reverse AEB
- Trailer sway assist
- Lane-departure warning
- Hill descent control
- Adaptive cruise control
- Eight airbags, including one between the front seats for side-impact collisions
Mitsubishi also claims the clutch system in the new variant is faster-acting than in older models. Standard equipment across the Outlander ES includes:
- Wireless Apple CarPlay
- 7.0-inch trip computer display
- LED headlights
- Wired Android Auto
- 9.0-inch touchscreen infotainment system
- 40/20/40 folding second row
- Dual-zone front climate control
Elsewhere, the Outlander LS comes packed with:
- Keyless entry and start
- USB power for the rear seats
- Wireless smartphone charging
- Automatic LED headlights paired with auto high-beam
- Heated side mirrors
- Leather steering wheels and gear shifter
- Rain-sensing windscreen wipers
The Mitsubishi Outlander 2022 range features the flagship plug-in hybrid Exceed Tourer priced at $75,610.
Mitsubishi Outlander 2022 Brisbane Price
The 2022 Mitsubishi Outlander price in Brisbane starts at $40,250 for the base ES model. In contrast, the priciest automobile in the new range is the four-wheel drive plug-in hybrid Exceed Tourer with seven seats, which costs $75,610.
Here are the drive-away costs for Mitsubishi’s latest Outlander range:
- Outlander ES two-wheel drive with five seats: $40,250
- Outlander ES four-wheel drive with five seats: $42,930
- Outlander LS two-wheel drive with seven seats: $43,960
- Outlander LS four-wheel drive with seven seats: $46,530
- Outlander Aspire two-wheel drive with seven seats: $47,560
- Outlander Aspire four-wheel drive with seven seats: $50,150
- Outlander Exceed four-wheel drive with seven seats: $55,660
- Outlander Exceed Tourer four-wheel driver with seven seats: $58,290
- Outlander Plug-in Hybrid EV ES with five seats: $60,390
- Outlander Plug-in Hybrid EV Aspire with five seats: $67,210
- Outlander Plug-in Hybrid EV Exceed with seven seats: $72,990
- Outlander Plug-in Hybrid EV Exceed Tourer with seven seats: $75,610
If the prices for these vehicles are beyond your budget, you could also consider the 2022 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport, which costs around $22,000 ($20,000 lower than the base Outlander ES model).
In addition, you can take advantage of a Mitsubishi Triton demo sale or other Mitsubishi deals across Brisbane dealerships for vehicles within your budget.
The 2022 Mitsubishi Outlander models features some modern additions that have been absent from the Outlander range for over a decade, giving customers premium value for money.
The Mitsubishi Outlander price in Brisbane starts from as low as $40,250 for the two-wheel drive ES variant to as high as $75,610 for the flagship plug-in hybrid Exceed Tourer.
Customers with tighter budgets can also opt for the more affordable outlander sport at around $22,000, depending on the dealership.