QuickBooks software is a widely used accounting software in the world, particularly among small and medium-sized enterprises. This easy-to-use program is excellent for keeping funds, managing sales, and assisting with bills. But in reality, QuickBooks is jam-packed with capabilities that have increased organizational productivity.
However, on a frequent basis, QuickBooks encounters problems.
However, users claim that QuickBooks Desktop does not start or won’t open.
In this article, we will dig deep into the error “QuickBooks won’t open” along with the possible solutions to rectify that.
Reasons for QuickBooks won’t Open Error
The following are some of the reasons why QuickBooks won’t open company files.
- Your company name might be rather lengthy.
- It’s possible that the hard disc you’re using is corrupted.
- QuickBooks Desktop was installed incorrectly.
- The QBWUSER.INI file may be corrupted.
- The operating system may not be of the current version.
Signs that indicate the presence of QuickBooks won’t Open Error
The signs or symptoms that indicate the presence of Quickbooks won’t open error are as follows:
- The software becomes unresponsive.
- The QuickBooks company file cannot be opened.
- Windows starts operating slowly.
- Every now and again, the computer hangs.
- The computer reacts slowly to mouse and keyboard input.
Following an evaluation of the problem’s sources and symptoms, it is vital to comprehend the potential solutions for correcting such a Quickbooks issue.
Possible Solutions to Resolve QuickBooks won’t Open Error
Before performing the solutions to resolve the error Quickbooks won’t open, it’s necessary to create a backup of important files to avoid any kind of data loss.
Solution 1: Stop the QBW32.exe process
- Firstly, right-click on the “Windows taskbar” on the system and select “Start Task Manager.”
- To organize the processes alphabetically, click on the “Process tab” and then on the “Image Name” header.
- Then look for and choose “EXE.”
- Lastly, pres “End Process” to stop the “exe process.”
Solution 2: Renaming the QBWUSER.ini. file
- Try accessing the folder containing the ini file, and if you can’t find it, allow hidden directories and files.
- When you’ve found the folder, right-click on the “QBWUSER.ini.file” and select “Rename.”
- After that, in the final file name, write “Insert.old.”
- Change the name of “ecml.file” now. If QuickBooks start working after renaming, the problem has been resolved.
Solution 3: Stop Quickbooks Desktop installation
- To begin, right-click the QuickBooks Desktop icon.
- Hit “Open” after pressing the “CTRL key.” Also, hold down the “Ctrl” key until the “No Company Open” window appears.
- Launch QuickBooks Desktop.
Solution 4: QuickBooks Desktop repair
- Hold down the Ctrl +Alt + Del keys on your keyboard at the same time.
- Select Task Manager from the drop-down menu.
- You must go to the Process tab.
- All you have to do is simply right-click on any of the QuickBooks processes.
- You must click the End Process button.
- There will be a confirmation process. Now, under this section, choose End All Processes.
- Restart QuickBooks if necessary.
- This time, select Repair QuickBooks.
Solution 5: Make a new Windows Admin user
- By initially clicking on it, you may navigate through the “Control Panel.”
- Double-click “User Account,” then “Manage User,” and finally hit “Add.”
- After that, input the administrator’s name and domain, and then click the “Ok” button.
- If you’re running Windows 10, choose “Administrator.”
- After that, click Finish to return to the ‘User Accounts’ dialogue box. Now press the “OK” button.
Solution 6: Reboot Desktop
You can try restarting your computer. Occasionally, prior modifications and updates are not preserved. These modifications can be readily implemented by restarting your computer. Check to see whether the error has been resolved after restarting.
Solution 7: QB Install Diagnostic Tool
To rectify this issue, you can utilize the extremely sophisticated repair package known as the QuickBooks tool hub. QuickBooks install diagnostic tool is a tool that is embedded into the tool hub. It executes and repairs the corrupted applications that are installed with QuickBooks.
- First and foremost, copy and install the QuickBooks tool hub (most recent version 22.214.171.124).
- Open the tool hub now.
- Navigate to the Installation Issues tab.
- You’ll find a button labeled QuickBooks install diagnostic tool here.
- Hit the OK button.
- The tool will begin a scan to investigate the issue. It will automatically detect the problem and, as a result, resolve it.
- You should simply sit back and wait for the problem to be rectified.
Please note that Quickbooks install diagnostic tool is used to resolve all the installation errors such as Quickbooks install error 1935
Solution 8: Clean Installation of QuickBooks
When software is not correctly installed, it causes problems for many users. As a result, it is usually advisable to perform a clean QuickBooks installation. So, to do a clean installation of QB, follow the procedures listed below.
- Launch the QuickBooks Desktop Tool Hub.
- Navigate to Installation difficulties now.
- Select the Quickbooks Clean Install Tool option.
- Each QuickBooks-connected file will be immediately removed during the clean setup. The QuickBooks desktop software package will then be installed.
Implementing the methods outlined above to resolve the Quickbooks won’t open error is a simple and painless process. However, if you encounter any problems or the error continues, you may contact the technical staff for assistance.