Among all the email platforms out there, Yahoo Mail is the popular one which is known for its user-friendly interface and a list of unique features. That said, most of the individuals today prefer Yahoo Mail over other emailing platforms. You can sign up on Yahoo Mail and start sending and receiving emails. Besides, you can manage contacts and calendars, and schedule meetings using Yahoo Mail’s services. However, instances might occur when you might wonder how to change Yahoo Mail password. This is usually a requirement when you want to strengthen the security of your email account.
You can follow some simple steps mentioned in this blog post and change the password of your Yahoo Mail account. Read on to explore them and gather some meaningful insights into using your Yahoo Mail account, the convenient way.
Why to Change the Yahoo Mail Password?
Before we discuss how to change the password of your Yahoo Mail account, let’s have a quick look at some of the major reasons that lead you to change the password.
One of the primary reasons that require you to change the password of Yahoo Mail account is security. Yes, if you feel that the existing password is not strong enough and is easy for hackers to get access to your email, you need to change the password immediately. Secondly, if you notice any suspicious activity in your Yahoo Mail account, changing the login password can save you from any further damages. Your email can have crucial information and can be very important. So, if you feel that your Yahoo email account can be compromised, you must change the password. Also, changing the Yahoo Mail password on a scheduled interval is a good practice. However, you must ensure that the password is unique and is easy for you to remember.
Best Practices for Changing Yahoo Mail Password
Although the process of changing Yahoo Mail password doesn’t require you to have any technical expertise, you must carefully follow the recommended guidelines to avoid any error. In addition, you must ensure that your password is unique. This will ensure minimum risk of hackers to get easy access to your Yahoo mail account. Ensure that your password has a combination of letters, both upper case and lower case, numbers, and special characters. For example, set a password which reads DqyTH132@#%DqyTH. Similarly, you can follow this pattern of password and set a unique password for your Yahoo account. In case the password is tough to remember, keep a note of it on a piece of paper and keep it somewhere safe where no other person has an easy access.
How Can You Change Yahoo Mail Password on Computers?
Now that you have read the various reasons why you need to change Yahoo Mail password, read on to explore the series of steps to change the password:
- Open a web browser on your computer.
- Type www.yahoomail.com in the browser’s address bar and press Enter.
- Enter your email address and click on Next.
- Enter the Yahoo Mail login password in the required field and press Enter.
- If you have received an account key on your registered phone, enter it in the required field and click on “Sign in”.
- Once you are logged into your Yahoo Mail account, click on your name tab and then on “Account” info to open the Account window.
- Click on Account Security and then re-enter your Yahoo Mail login details.
- Click on the Change Password link appearing on the upper-right-hand corner of the screen.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to change the Yahoo Mail password. Click on Continue.
After completing the steps mentioned above, you can close the Yahoo Mail window and re-open it to log into your Yahoo account using the newly set password.
Changing Yahoo Mail Password on the Yahoo Mail App
It may happen that you prefer using the Yahoo Mobile app on your smartphone and don’t want to access Yahoo Mail using the desktop version. In such cases, if you have the Yahoo Mail app already installed on your smartphone and you are wondering, how to reset Yahoo Mail password, start with opening the Yahoo mail app on the smartphone. Once you are logged into the email account, tap on the three-dot menu located in the upper-left corner of the screen. The next step requires you to tap on the “Manage Accounts” option. Once you are done with these, follow the below-mentioned steps to complete resetting the Yahoo Mail password on the mobile app:
- Tap on “Security Settings” and enter the password in the required field.
- Tap on the “Change Password” option and then on “I would rather change my password”.
- Under the “New Password” tab, create a new password for your Yahoo Mail account.
- Re-type the new password and then tap on “Continue” to change the password of your Yahoo Mail account.
Yahoo Mail is one of the most widely used email platforms and ensuring your email account’s safety is crucial. Follow the series of steps associated with changing the Yahoo password for both the desktop version and Yahoo Mail app on mobile phones the exact way as mentioned here and ensure top-notch security of your emails on the email platform.