Canada’s economic growth in the coronavirus time is one of the reasons that the position of Canada is the first preference for immigration has not deterred. The Country has been able to hold its ground amid the pandemic crises, and many people can see progressive aspects in the coming days. The best platform to immigrate to Canada remains the Canada permanent residency which can be applied through the express entry program or the provincial nominee program.
The Express entry program is a federal pathway through which skilled candidates can relocate to Canada with ease in six months or even less. On the other hand, the provincial nominee program is a province-based selection system in which each province nominates the applicant for relocation.
The express entry program has three sub streams –
- Federal Skilled workers program (FSWP)
- Federal Skilled Traders program (FSTP)
- Canadian experience class
What is federal skilled worker’s program? What are its eligibility requirements?
It is the Federal Skilled Worker’s Program that is also called the 67-point calculator. It gets its name from the point selection. The applicant who wishes to relocate through the FSWP sub-stream needs to secure at least 67 points out of 100 on its score grid.
The point calculation under the Federal Skilled Workers Program is as follows:
|Selection factors||Maximum Points|
Apart from these, there are other eligibility requirements as well, which are –
- The applicant needs to have a minimum language score of CLB 7 to be selected under the FSWP program. CLB 7 means a score of 6 bands in the IELTS exam. The applicant can apply for the English language or the French language test.
- Having a work experience of at least one year in the last ten years is a mandatory requirement, and it can be in any of the NOC categories with Skill type O, A, or B
- The education of the applicant should be as per the occupation requirement and should be as per the Canadian Standards. Thus, an Educational Credential Assessment is important.
- The applicant’s age should not be above 18 years.
- The applicant needs to prove that he has enough funds to take care of himself and his family soon after Immigration.
- The police clearance and medical verification are important for relocation.
FSWP is the world’s first program that evaluated the candidates objectively. Today it is one of the most popular programs for the Immigration of skilled workers with a large number of selections happening through this sub-stream every year.
What is the process of the Federal Skilled Workers Program?
The process of Immigration through the FSWP is fairly easy and simple, but it is best if it is undertaken under the guidance of a reliable immigration consultancy service.
The steps of Immigration through FSWP are –
- Step 1-Take the language test.
- Step 2 -Check if you meet the eligibility criteria
- Step 3 -The applicant needs to create a profile in FSWP
- Step 4- Meet the CRS score
- Step 5 – Receive ITA