UGAT is also known as the Undergraduate Aptitude Test, which is a versatile national-level entrance exam test. The All India Management Association is the board that arranges this exam every year for interested candidates. Students who want to pursue MBA, BBA, B.Com, or BCA can apply for this examination. The best part about this examination is candidates can opt for either the computer-based exam or the paper-pencil-based one. Know about the Full Form Of IXPRL.
Candidates who finished their 10+2 examination in any stream can appear for the examination. However, it is important to make sure that the candidate should be a pass out from any recognized university. Besides, there are some essential criteria you must follow if you want to clear the UGAT examination.
How to apply for the UGAT exam?
Every competitive examination comes with minimum eligibility criteria that candidates must match. As per the All India Management Association, the eligibility criteria should be a minimal qualification along with 60% minimum marks. A candidate should complete their twelfth standard from any recognized board or university. In fact, the students who are appearing for the final examination can too apply for UGAT.
What is the exam pattern?
The entire examination is of around two hours and there will be a total of 130 multiple-choice questions. Students will get questions from four different sections. Once you complete the exam, you have to go through a computer-based examination. The four areas that are covered include English Language, Reasoning and Intelligence, Numerical and Data Analysis, and General Knowledge. The medium of the examination is English, the mode of the examination is pen and paper-based and the duration is almost three hours.
|Subjects||No. of questions|
|Numerical Data and Analysis||30|
|Reasoning and General Intelligence||30|
What is the syllabus for UGAT?
The syllabus for this examination is similar to that of every other competitive examination. It includes English Language, Numerical and Data Analysis, General Knowledge, Service Aptitude, Scientific Aptitude, and Reasoning and Intelligence.
What are the fees for the examination?
The application process is quite simple for every candidate. All you have to do is purchase the registration form with a cash payment of Rs.630 from any selected institute of AIMA or from New Delhi. Alternatively, you apply online from the official website. Make sure that you are putting all the required details correctly. If you do not want any issues in the future, you have to input the correct details since you won’t get a chance to fix things later. Once everything is done, make sure to get a print-out of the filled application.
AIMA UGAT is in demand since it is a national-level examination. Quite normally, the competition will be high. If you want to appear for the exam, make sure that you are preparing for the examination quite well. Since the competition is high, it might become tough for you to clear it. Every year, students get enough time to prepare for it. Moreover, it is extremely important to know the exam pattern of the examination along with the marking scheme.
For the general knowledge part, it is important for the candidates to develop a habit of reading newspapers daily. When it comes to reasoning and general intelligence, you have to keep practicing it regularly for improvements. Besides, you must keep a few things in mind.
- Making a timetable- Make sure that you are preparing a timetable since it is a good practice habit for almost every student. Besides, using a timetable, you will be able to do a perfect division for every subject. Once you prepare a perfect timetable, it will become easy for you to cover every topic.
- Keep practicing- If you want to clear the examination in one go, you have to keep practicing the subjects like reasoning, intelligence, numerical as well as data analysis. With frequent practicing, you will gain in-depth knowledge along with good command of numerical representations.
- Make short notes- Do not forget to take short notes since it is extremely necessary while preparing for the UGAT exam. It will become easy for you to summarize one-liners or two-liners, especially before the examination.
- Practice sample papers- Nothing works better than practicing sample papers or mock test papers available at BYJU’S Exam Prep, as it helps in understanding the exam patterns. Make sure that you are keeping a timer and try to finish the paper within the given time.
- Consult the best books- Guide books and reference materials are vital when you are preparing for the UGAT examination. You can take the help of both online as well as offline study materials. Make sure that the study material or the guides you are choosing are the latest ones.
What is the selection process of the exam?
It is important to understand that the selection procedure of UGAT 2022 is done by the institutions by checking the 2022 marks. You have to enroll yourself to enter the selection process. Once you are in the process, your candidature will be confirmed, and you will get the seats simultaneously. However, there are certain pointers that you need to keep in mind while appearing for the selection process.
- Your documents should be handy as well as up-to-date
- Do not forget to mention the college name as mentioned earlier in the application form.
- As soon as the candidature is confirmed, nothing can be changed
- Any misprint on the documents once submitted will not be changed or accepted by the concerned authority. It might also lead to the cancellation of candidature.
Therefore, these are some of the things that you must know about the UGAT exam and its selection procedure.