Not being able to perform Linksys Velop firmware update is one of the common yet major issues that is experienced by many users today. Are you also sailing in the same boat? Need not to worry! Walk through the fixes mentioned in this piece of writing and learn how to resolve the Linksys Velop firmware update failure issue in haste. Let’s take the plunge!
Before applying the fixes to resolve Linksys Velop firmware update failure issue, let’s first make you familiar with the common reasons behind this problem.
Why Can’t You Perform Linksys Velop Firmware Update?
There can be a couple of reasons that might be preventing you from updating the firmware of your Linksys Velop. Some of them are listed below:
- Loose or improper cable connections
- Poor or no connection between your Linksys Velop and modem
- Slow internet connection
- Your Linksys Velop is surrounded by interference-creating devices
- The Ethernet cable you’re using is damaged
- Incomplete Linksys Velop setup
Now that you know the reasons behind why aren’t able to update the firmware of your Linksys Velop, follow the steps mentioned below to fix the issue.
Fix: Linksys Velop Firmware Update Failure
Fix 1: Check Your Internet Connection
One of the biggest reasons why you’re facing issues while trying to update your Linksys Velop firmware is a weak internet connection. To fix the issue, do the following:
- Ensure that your Linksys Velop is properly connected to the modem.
- Use a well-maintained Ethernet cable to connect your devices.
- You can also use a wireless source to connect your Linksys Velop and modem. Contact your ISP and confirm whether you are on an active internet plan or not.
- Once you’re done, try to access the Linksys Velop login page in order to check your internet connection.
Fix 2: Select the Right Firmware Version for Your Linksys Velop
Most of the time, users end up facing the Linksys Velop firmware update failure issue because they choose the wrong firmware version for their device. Thus, it is suggested – navigate to the official site of Linksys, select the correct firmware version for your device, and follow the on-screen instructions to get it updated.
Fix 3: Keep Interference-Creating WiFi Devices at Bay
Have you placed your Linksys Velop near interference-creating WiFi devices like Bluetooth speakers or baby monitors? If so, then you’ve found the reason why you’re unable to perform Linksys Velop firmware update process. To troubleshoot the issue, make sure that you place your Linksys Velop away from such devices.
After relocating your WiFi device, try to access Linksys router login page and check whether you’re able to perform firmware update process or not. If the problem continues to persist, then perhaps, it’s high time that you reset your Linksys Velop back to its factory default settings.
Fix 5: Reset Your Linksys Velop
Before you reset Linksys Velop, it is important for you to know the fact that a factory reset process erases all the personalized settings on your device. So, it is recommended to take the backup of all the customized settings prior to resetting. Here’s how to reset Linksys Velop:
- Disconnect your Linksys Velop from PC, laptop, and modem.
- Once done, look for the Reset button on your Linksys Velop.
- Once found, press and hold the Linksys Velop reset button using an oil pin, paper clip, or any other sharp, thin, and pointed object.
- Release it.
Your Linksys Velop resets successfully. After resetting your Linksys Velop, access Linksys Velop login and try to update its firmware again.
The Bottom Line
This was all about our post on how to troubleshoot the Linksys Velop firmware update failure issue. We hope that the steps provided in this piece of writing helped you out to fix the issue. What’s your feedback? Do share with us via comments.