International schools have become exceedingly popular among the parents of India nowadays. Along with the amazing faculties and state-of-the-art facilities, they provide a safe and nurturing environment for the kids to learn and grow.
Pune is one such city that has adapted to this new way of thinking and come up with several international schools all over the city, residential and for day borders respectively. Let’s take a look at the international schools in Pune.
- GLOBAL INDIAN INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL, PUNE
With two campuses in Pune, Hadapsar and Balewadi, respectively, the schools are located in the heart of the Western and Eastern suburbs of Pune. It started in 2002 as a way for the founder, Atul Temurnikar, to provide Indian children living abroad with education that is similar to the education system in India and is one the best CBSE schools in Pune. Now they have 22 campuses all over the world in 7 different countries.
- The school follows the Montessori method of education for KG1 and KG2 students which discourages some conventional measures of achievement, such as grades and tests and initiates learning in a sufficiently supportive and well-prepared learning environment.
- The school provides the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) programme for students from Class 1 to Class 12.
- The school also has smart classes available for students of all age groups for maximum teaching efficiency.
- The registration for admission starts in August every year and the review of the applications starts in the upcoming January.
- The admission process consists of 4 steps and is not on the basis of first come first serve. It requires complete involvement of the parents along with the students.
- The school hosts various extracurricular and co-curricular activities that allows the students to explore their passions and interests, builds sportsmanship, and teaches them about teamwork.
- GIIS, Pune offers various scholarships to students such as Global Citizen Scholarship, GIIS Sports Scholarship, 9GEMS Holistic Development Scholarship, Dr. A P J Abdul Kalam Global Skills Scholarship, Mahatma Gandhi Universal Values Merit-cum-Means Scholarship, and Global FUTURE-READY Merit Scholarship.
- RIVERDALE INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL, PUNE
The Riverdale International School is spread over 50 acres of land atop a mountain in Mulshi, a district in Pune. Along with an extraordinary view from the campus, it provides the students with the philosophy in the secular belief of harmony amongst the community.
- The school introduces the students to the ICSE curriculum for Classes 7 and 8 and follows this curriculum throughout junior college.
- The students from Classes 2 to 6 follow a more participative and enquiry-based type of education. They are taught and moral values and ethics.
- The school provides for a Mentoring Programme in which designated staff members are assigned to mentor and guide the students through academics, extracurricular and co-curricular activities.
- Along with having smart classes, the school provides various learning tools and visual aids to help the students understand what they are being taught better.
- SNBP (SUBHADRA’S NURSERY BHOSALE PUBLIC) INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL, PUNE
As one of the best CBSE schools in Pune as of today, the SNBP International School aims to provide the students with a competitive learning environment with ultra-modern technologies, extraordinary faculties and highest development facilities.
- Apart from the pre-school, the school follows the CBSE curriculum from primary school to Class 12 (or Junior College).
- The school has 4 campuses in Rahatani, Pimpri, Chikhali and Yerwada, respectively.
- The school hosts various extracurricular and co-curricular activities and makes sure that the children do various team building exercises.
- The school encourages the students to take part in activities such as art, music, dance and so on.
- MERCEDES-BENZ INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL, PUNE
Located in the suburbs of Pune (in Hinjawadi), the Mahindra International School, previously established as Mercedes-Benz International School, is one of the best and well-known international schools of Pune. One of the top international schools in Pune, it is located near a developing InfoTech Park which gives it the perfect opportunity to provide highly technological facilities and amenities necessary.
- The school has a Primary Years Programme (PYP) for students from age 3 to 11, Middle Years Programme (MYP) for students from age 11 to 16 and Diploma Programme (DP) for students from age 16 to 19.
- The new admission starts from January and all admissions are on the first come first serve basis.
- It is one of India’s oldest International Baccalaureate (IB) schools and is affiliated with the Council of International Schools (CIS) and New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC).
All of the above-mentioned schools make sure that there is no problem with the transport and lodging of the students. Apart from that, these schools encourage the involvement of parents’ in their children’s lives through volunteering and regular PTAs. Hope this article is helpful and helps you make the right choice!