Common Admission Test (CAT) is a common entrance exam for those who want to pursue their Business Administration and management career, popularly termed MBA. Most of the top business schools consider CAT scores while giving admission. The Indian Institutes of Management conducts CAT examinations on a rotational basis.
If you pass the CAT examination with excellent scores, you can get admission to the best MBA institutions. Once the students clear the CAT exam, their names are shortlisted based on their past academic records, work experience and extracurricular activities. To write the examination, one needs to undergo cat registration. MBA is one of the extensive job-oriented professional programs. It will help you enter the corporate world with broad exposure and a significant amount of knowledge. After this, you can expect a minimum package of 7 to 8 Lakh per annum.
Reasons to Pursue MBA and take CAT:
- You get the chance to choose from a range of specialisations such as Marketing, Advertising, Finance, Strategy, Consulting etc.
- Companies with lucrative salary packages selected the students from these prestigious institutes like IIMs.
- The ownership and responsibility that you get to learn in an MBA and the diversity of jobs make it worth it.
- To achieve something big in your professional career, having an MBA degree will be of great help. In India, MBA is considered the best option for pursuing higher education.
- If you get an MBA from one of the country’s top B-schools, your ability to raise startup money for a new firm (entrepreneur) improves dramatically. You’ll also have the opportunity to interact with some of the brightest minds in the country, allowing you to brainstorm solutions and gain a greater understanding of the situation.
- An MBA will undoubtedly improve your recognition, networking possibilities, and credibility.
Importance of CAT Coaching
Acquaintance with Exam Pattern and Syllabus
Expert guidance is unavoidable for the students attempting the CAT examination for the first time. It will help them figure out the preparation procedure and the skills needed to crack the CAT examination. CAT coaching institutions guide students on how to plan and strategise their studies. With experts’ guidance, you can complete the crucial topics, impossible to understand, if you want to crack the exam with self-study.
Your Time is Very Important
CAT is considered one of the challenging entrance exams to get into management studies. It is very tough to clear the exam on the first attempt if you don’t prepare yourself seriously. So, if you want to clear the exam on the first attempt, you should have a properly structured programme. It will increase the chances of scoring excellent marks.
CAT preparation requires self-study and completion of test papers and mock test papers. It is not easy to crack one of the most challenging entrance exams without clearing your doubts. So, clear your doubts at the earliest because it will affect your confidence and interest in the subject. If you join a prestigious coaching institute, timely clearing your doubts will make sure that you understand the concepts well.
Peer Interaction and Competition
When you join a coaching centre, you will find a real competitive atmosphere to stay motivated towards your goal. You’ll find people from diverse academic backgrounds studying together for the same purpose and helping and encouraging each other in the very process. There will always be someone in the class who would come out with excellent doubts or have tried a more innovative and shorter approach to solve a problem. These small learnings in the types go a long way and give wings to your CAT preparation time. To appear for the CAT examination, after you are done with the registration process, you will get a CAT Admit Card to sit in the exam.