GREAT 2ND & 3RD SHIFT DIRECT SUPPORT CARE OPENINGS IN WAUSEON!
PAY RANGE $13-$16 BASED ON EXPERIENCE
Interview in Fulton County – call or text Michelle at: 419-779-0767
Sunshine Communities, Inc. is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization located in Northwest Ohio supporting individuals with developmental disabilities through residential, vocational, clinical, therapeutic, and recreational services. These services are offered in various circumstances including at our Maumee, Ohio campus and at homes within the community. In addition to programs on campus, Sunshine individuals and staff operate Georgette’s Grounds and Gifts, a coffee shop and fair trade gift store located in downtown Maumee. Right across the road lies Sunshine Studios, an art studio space and gift store offering classes to individuals and the community.
Starting Pay: $13.00, Non-exempt, Full-Time, Ability to advance to Senior DSP $14.00
To work as a Direct Support Professional, you must have a strong interest in supporting others and show compassion and empathy. Reliability and consistency is essential to excelling as a DSP.
· High School Diploma or GED
· Valid Driver’s License, good driving record and Auto Insurance
· 18 years or older
· Pass criminal background, drug screen and physical
· Able to lift 60 lbs.
· Prior Direct Support Professional experience required
A Direct Support Professional will provide daily care and engagement while advocating for the rights of the Individuals we support. Responsibilities include the following:
· Meal Prep and Feeding
· Toileting and hygiene care
· Bathing and showering
· Engagement and activities
· Support and companionship
· Location cleaning, laundry, sheet changing and kitchen upkeep
· Assist with all duties assigned
· Comprehensive health package (medical/dental/vision/life/disability)
· Bonuses 3x per year
· 401(k) with company match
· Paid Training
· Paid Vacation & Personal Days
· Access to a Success Coach
· Interest Free Tuition and Emergency Loans
· Attendance Incentives
· Transportation Assistance
· Employee Assistance Program
· Training & Advancement through Sunshine U