There is a visa that lets you invest in the UK for the long term and opens a direct way to see British Citizenship. It is the Tier 1 Investor visa.
What is a Tier 1 Investor visa.?
This is a specialized category of visa where you can invest £2,000,000 or more in the UK.
Tier 1 Investor visa does not allow the investor to access public funds, for example, state benefits and tax credits. You must sustain in the UK as per the funds you have.
In addition to the investment, you may not be eligible to work professionally as a sportsperson or coach or, in some specific fields such as, do training as a doctor or dentist.
Tier 1 Investor visa has a validity period of 3 years and 4 months and you can apply to extend the Tier 1 Investor visa for another two years once it expires.
Once you have ILR after 5 years you can eventually apply for UK citizenship.
Freedom and restrictions with the Tier 1 Investor visa in detail
Freedom on your Tier 1 Investor visa
You are allowed to undertake the following activities when you have secured a Tier 1 Investor visa
- You can pursue work or study in the UK
- apply to settle(with ILR) after 2 years if you invest £10 million
- apply to settle(with ILR) after 3 years if you invest £5 million
- apply to settle(with ILR) after 5 years if you invest £2 million
Restrictions of your Tier 1 Investor visa
- You may not be allowed to work in any sports field either as a sportsperson or as a coach.
2. Not be allowed to claim any publish funds to sustain yourself
3. Cannot pursue any medical training in dentistry or otherwise any medical profession.
What are the eligibility criteria for a Tier 1 Investor visa?
The foremost requirement is that you must have at least a £2,000,000 amount to apply for a Tier 1 Investor visa.
Other requirements are as follows.
- You must above 18 years of age or at least 18
- Able to prove that the money belongs to you or your partner, either wife, husband or same-sex partner with whom you are in a legal relationship
- Kept your money safe in one of the UK nationalised banks
Your funds must be kept in an institute where you can access them easily. you can withdraw them easily and at the time of your visa application, it may or may not be in the UK.
Students with financial endorsement
You can easily apply for a Tier 1 Investor visa if you are already holding a student visa in the UK.
You must provide an agreement in writing from your financial endorser. So that,you will re-enter or live in the UK if your course fees and living expenses were covered by government or international scholarship agencies.
Application Procedure and fees
You must make an online application with supporting documents uploaded as asked by the UK visa and immigration.
You must book and attend your biometric interview.
The fee required to switch your visa is £1,623, an additional Immigration healthcare surcharge is also required to be paid and £19.20 to have your biometric information.
Take legal advice It is important to understand that the visa and immigration process is time-consuming and often appears daunting. Hence, you must take expert advice from the best immigration lawyers. A Y & J Solicitors have been industry-recognized visa and immigration experts for over 10 years now. And Helped over 4000 clients reach their immigration needs successfully.