Web hosting support services are probably the most underestimated parameter when you choose a new provider. Unfortunately, it is a big mistake. Even if you purchased a plan with 99.9% uptime, incredible performance and reliable security, support is essential.
Don’t think that you don’t need help. Experience shows that everyone needs support, regardless of the high cost of hosting and their own experience. The question is WHEN you will need expert help. Then, finally, you will understand the importance of hosting support.
But first, you must check the availability of the domain and choose a reliable hosting provider. Here is a detailed analysis of Godaddy vs Namecheap.
Read on and find out how important technical support is when selecting hosting companies.
What technical support does for your online business
The first task of the technical support team is to ensure the operability of the server. The second is to solve the customer’s problems.
There is a list of some tasks solved by web hosting support:
• Keep the server up to date.
• Quick troubleshooting, if necessary.
• Monitor the functioning of web hosting.
• Restore the data backup if there is a request.
• Inform website owners about updates and technical work.
Customers can offer different levels of support, from basic help to advanced help, which requires deeper knowledge from the hosting provider.
Why you need technical support
Here are some of the popular reasons why website owners choose professional hosting support:
• Even if you have a simple business website, it can be a loss when it doesn’t work. Is your webpage focused on earnings? Then you must choose a provider with qualified support.
• You probably keep sensitive data on the server. Website support helps prevent data breaches and reports illegal entries or even alleviates the consequences of a cyber attack.
• If your web page goes down due to dangerous malware, the technology material can be placed again. Website backups are done 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, so you don’t lose your content.
• Typically, a newcomer is unable to resolve all issues with your website independently, so reliable technical help is needed.
• You may simply not know the solution to a problem! And you shouldn’t know that. All you need is adequate hosting support.
• Sometimes, an unexpected error can occur. In this case, even experienced website owners ask for help.
Now you understand why you need a reliable provider with qualified support, don’t you? Read above what parameters to consider when choosing a host.
What do you need to ask about hosting support?
To get a good idea of how effective the support material will be, you need to ask your host about three aspects:
1. The channels available for access to professional help. It can be one, several or all of your channels: by phone, by email, by Social Media, by online chatbox, by ticket system. In addition, almost all hosting providers offer 24/7 support.
2. Response time. A solid support team ensures quick response times. Ask your future provider what time support specialists respond to user messages. As a rule, it has a response time of 15 minutes, but for VIP customers, they respond within minutes. In addition, you need to define what that number means – start work on your problem or the time it takes to solve it.
3. The qualification of the support team. The risks for website owners can be multiple and sometimes it is beyond the hosting company’s control. A good support service may be able to fix unexpected problems effectively and quickly. A hosting knowledge library is a great way to discover a support team’s knowledge level.
However perfect your hosting plan may be, you may have questions or problems related to the functioning of the website. To solve these problems, there is a support service. It can help you with almost anything connected to your web page. But hosting support must be professional and fast. Therefore, it is essential to verify that the efficient and reliable service works before purchasing a hosting plan.